Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default convert text format to numeric

Number 1 in a spare cell, select & copy, select the cells you want to
convert, paste special/ multiply (or you can add zero in the same way).
--
David Biddulph

"anand" wrote in message
I have a very large spreadsheet with #'s in most cells. Many are manually
entered but others are calculated.

It appears that some of the cells containing manually entered data, have
been entered (or converted) into text format rather than numeric format.

The cells that contain formulas involving these text formatted cells are
skipping them because of the format.

Is there any easy way to convert large blocks of text formated #'s to
numeric format? I think this should be easy but can't figure it out.

None of the text formated #'s have an apostrophe in front. They all have
small green mark at the top left corner of the cell.

Thanks