Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aaron Aaron is offline

Default Auto range of numbers detection

Hi,

I am hoping someone could point me int he right direction on a problem
I have.

I have a series of conditions that give me a range of cells say a1 to
a10 all with a number in them. The number could be positive or
negative number in each cell.

How can I make excel automatically look at the range of numbers and
divide them up into groups of best fit.

The groups of best fit is just a logical arrangement of a group of
similar numbers in the same area, so I cant take a1, a5 and a10 and
group those numbers if they are the same or close to each other value
wise, because the numbers need to be grouped together from its
immediate surrounding numbers.

EG

10
11
12
10
10
4
6
8
22
25

In the above example I would group the numbers thus:

the first 5 together as one group,
the next 3 as another group,
and the last 2 as the last group.

At the moment its the only manual thing I do in my spreadsheet, and it
would be nice to fully automate this.

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers,

Aaron.