Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Wendy7 Wendy7 is offline

Default Conditional Formatting based on Text

Hi there,

I have two questions:

1) I have two columns one is 'purpose for gift' and one is 'gift amount',
I've subtotaled these using excel - and would like to automatically format
the gift amount to be bold for each subtotalled line. I thought I could use
conditional formatting based on text (if cell in column C contains 'Total'
then bold cell in column D). Could someone help with the formula?

2)I would also like to format a column of cells depending on a list of text
values.
(i.e. If cell value in column F is in list ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e') then
format blue)

Thanks a lot,
I really appreciate all your input.

Wendy