Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phil vK Phil vK is offline

Default preserve formatting option in pivot table option dialog box

No matter if "Preserve Formatting" is checked or not, some, not all of my
formatting of pivot tables gets lost after refresh (Excel 2002). Somebody
once also said "Enable Selection" affects the formatting....that doesn't work
either. Is there a definitive source on how to format and pivot table and
have the formatting hold?

Thanks

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If you don't have that option checked, some of the pivot table
formatting may be lost when you refresh the pivot table.

Dave F wrote:
Anyone know what the "Preserve formatting" checkbox does in the pivot table
dialog box? I was just asked this by a colleague and I have no clue....

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures