Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Tiny300 Tiny300 is offline

Default Referencing Formatting Across Worksheets

Thank you for your reponse. But if data can be copied this way, surely
formatting could be replicated in the same way. Also if I write a macro would
this update the
summary sheet everytime sometime changes on the Source sheet.

Many thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Link does not link formats. You could create a macro to perforn the
Copy/PasteSpecial rather than do it by hand.
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200707

"Tiny300" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a summary of a source worksheet and am able to copy the
data across using: 'Sheet1'!A:A , but I also need to formats (Cell
width/Shading/Font/Border) to be referenced across as well, so that any
updates (e.g. inserting a row) in the source sheet are updated in the
resulting summary.
Any ideas?

Many thanks