Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Combobox changes the decimal commas to dots - How to prevent it?

Microsoft doesn't like the Europeans. Yesterday somebody was sending the
European date formatt to a combo box and kept on getting the US format. The
solution was to convert to a string before sending the date to the combobox.

"Erkka" wrote:

Hi!

I have tried to use a combobox in selection between values which have a
decimal part. As I'm European I use commas as decimal separators. However
although in the selection list of combobox the decimal separator is comma,
the chosen value in the linked cell is written with a dot and so I cannot use
the value as as a source value for calculation. Why is this happening? Why
does the combobox change the decimal separator? The weirdest thing about this
is that sometimes the combobox has returned the right value with a comma as
decimal separator.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance,
Erkka