BookOpenandUpright

Using the INDIRECT function, I was able to figure out how to pull data from
sheet to sheet, and I understand that with this function I may be able to
pull data from other workbooks, with gets me closer to where I want to be.
However, I understand that all workbooks have to be open, or else this will
not work. Is there another way to do this task without having to open
multiple work books?

"BookOpenandUpright" wrote:

This might be a "junior" type of question based on the questions/responses
I've read, but I really need help. I have four workbooks(representing
departments within our company) with multiple worksheets each(4-12 sheets).
Each day I enter sales and payroll data onto each page. What I'm looking to
do I have one (workbook or worksheet) where data is pulled from each workbook
worksheet and constantly updates the data. It would make life much easier
for me if I could enter data as normal each day, and then "magically" have a
completed weekly summary sheet by the end of the week for a Monday
presentation.

I apologize if this is a simple question, I can tell I'm not as advanced as
most here. I'm more or less self-taught, having only recently learned how to
perform simple calculations. Excel is a fascinating tool, and I can't wait
to learn more.