Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Discreet jump

Hi Arne,

All the methods presented by Andy use numbers as the X-axis entries, if this
none of these solutions work for you let us know, there is a way to do a step
chart with regular "text" labels. (one way is to create a dummy series for
the axis, a second way is to set up your data differently.)

I will expand on either of these IF you need them - after I get home from
work.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hi! I have a normal line chart. The data is in a matrix. My data is on an
annual basis. I want the chart to show discreet jumps in the line but xl
somehow manages to make them not show a vertical jump but it is a gradually
shift. this is regardless of which chart i choose. how can i get the shifts
in the line to be a straight verical shift? thanks!