Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default pasting formula doesn't work

Axel

What happens when you "tried" to click on auto or manual?

Did you try setting to Automatic then clicking Calc Now or Calc Sheet?

Do your formulas have $ signs in the cell references that would make them
Absolute references which do not change?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:46:00 -0800, axel wrote:

not sure how to get this to work.
I am running into the same problem and I have tried to click on auto or
manual under tools/ options/ calc...

"Jezz" wrote:

Thank you, thank you thank you - life saver!!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Tools/Options/Calculation, click on Automatic.

In article ,
"Jezz" wrote:

I use excel all the time & have not encountered this before except when
copying and pasting formula related to pivot table data.

I copy a cell with a formula, when I paste it the formula is correct but the
result isn't, it just returns the value of the copied cell so for example
a1/b1 = 10.35 the formula will show as a2/b2 but the result will still be
10.35 even 'though it should be, for example, 24

Any ideas?