Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default Trim Leading Spaces

They probably aren't spaces but some other character which doesn't display.
Try copying one of the "leading spaces" and then use Edit Replace on your
range of cells replacing the offending character with nothing [just paste
your charcater into the "find" box]

"Steven" wrote:

I forgot to mention:

If I just put an example in excel with spaces then the text then spaces and
test with Trim(CellAddress) then it will trim properly.

This was something taken off the internet. I have see in other posts where
you have to test the characters but I have not been able to make those work.
It is the leading spaces that seem to cause the problem.

Steven