Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Discreet jump

Hi,

Step charts are not built in to excel but you can fake them.
See here, includes links to alternative sites and methods.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm

Cheers
Andy

Arne Hegefors wrote:
Hi! I have a normal line chart. The data is in a matrix. My data is on an
annual basis. I want the chart to show discreet jumps in the line but xl
somehow manages to make them not show a vertical jump but it is a gradually
shift. this is regardless of which chart i choose. how can i get the shifts
in the line to be a straight verical shift? thanks!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info