Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Apostrophes in Cell

If you don't mind a little VBA:

Sub tic_killer()
Set rr = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConst ants, xlTextValues)
For Each r In rr
If r.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
r.Value = r.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

this will replace all apostrophe'd values with non-apostrophe values
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200707

"Megadrone" wrote:

I create a formula in a cell, I take the result (a number) and copy (values
to get rid of the formula) it into a cell to the left. When done there is an
apostrophe at the beginning of the number.

How can I get rid of this apostrophe with find/replace command. I have tried
everything, it just comes back teling me it can not find a data...

PS.

I'm doing this with about 33,000 lines of data.