Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Sorting and Matching criteria across rows to return a result in the last cell

One way ..

Assuming source data as posted, within rows 2 to 100

Inputs entered in say, G1:K1 a Petro, Penn, Transport, 4496

Put in L1, array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=INDEX($E$2:$E$100,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$100=G1)*($B$2: $B$100=H1)*($C$2:$C$100=I1)*($D$2:$D$100=J1),0))

L1 should return the required result from col E. If you have other sets of
inputs entered in G2:K2, G3:K3, etc, just copy L1 down to return
correspondingly.
--
Max
Singapore
"frankjh19701" wrote in message

I have both text in some cells and numbers in others across a row and I
want to find a formula that will allow me to determine IF
pre-determined criteria matches each other across the row, then return
the result of the next cell in the row. For Example:

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C COLUMN D COLUMN E
Petro Penn Transport 4496 0.25

I would like a formula that will find for every time there is "Petro"
in Column A, and "Penn" in Column B, and "Transport" in Column C, and
"4496" in Column D give me the vaule of Column E.

Note: There are about 150 different choice for Column A. There are
about 70 different choices for Column B. , about 10 different choices
for Column C. , about 200 choices for Column D, and infinite choices
for Column E.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

--
frankjh19701