Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt D Francis Matt D Francis is offline

Default clear all zero-length strings from spreadsheet?

Can't see how that would work?

An example would be if I use a formula like

IF(A110,"Over","")

The "" doesn't leave the cell empty, it leaves a zero-length string that
appears before text if the column is sorted. How do I either write formulas
that return a true null, or get rid of the zero-length strings?

Edit Clear All works on a cell range where the but I want to be able to
cover the whole spreadsheet in one go.

??

"john" wrote:

Try tools/options/view tab/remove the tick from zero values
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Matt D Francis" wrote:

Hi, I want a quick way of clearing all zero-length strings from a spreadsheet

I tried using Find & Replace

Find: ""
Replace: (left blank)

But it put zeroes in instead of actuall deleting all contents.

??