Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Ranking weighted scores with partial results

The answer depends on what you want to do if something is blank as far as the
rest of the weighting is concerned. If C2 should still have a .2*B2 formula
then there is nothing you need to do.

FYI - the formula should be =IF(B1=0,"",B1*.3)

No need to us the SUM function.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"casdaq" wrote:

I'm trying to rank a series of results with each result having a weighted
value. My dilemma is what do I do if there isn't a result listed and I do not
want that to negatively impact the overall ranking?

Weighting (results in b1:b3)
Result 1 - 30%
Result 2 - 20%
Result 3 - 50%
= 100%

a1:a3 are locations
b1:b3 are results
c1:c3 I'm using this formula to weight the results...=IF(b1=0%,"
",SUM(b1*.30))
b2 has a 0 result though. how do I create a value there without having a
result listed? What would that formula look like? And is this even possible?