Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
casdaq casdaq is offline

Default Ranking weighted scores with partial results

I'm trying to rank a series of results with each result having a weighted
value. My dilemma is what do I do if there isn't a result listed and I do not
want that to negatively impact the overall ranking?

Weighting (results in b1:b3)
Result 1 - 30%
Result 2 - 20%
Result 3 - 50%
= 100%

a1:a3 are locations
b1:b3 are results
c1:c3 I'm using this formula to weight the results...=IF(b1=0%,"
",SUM(b1*.30))
b2 has a 0 result though. how do I create a value there without having a
result listed? What would that formula look like? And is this even possible?