Jon Peltier

Rory -

When making your pivot table, you have some kind of Sum of Value field
which produces the numbers in the column. Drag the Value field into the
data area again, to make another Sum of Value field. When adding the
field, click on the Options button, and under Show Data As, select %
of Total. Then drag the Data field button over to the top of the columns
area of the pivot table. Here's how it looks with some data I made up:

Data
date Sum of value Sum of value2
Jan 22 32.84%
Feb 13 19.40%
Mar 21 31.34%
Apr 11 16.42%

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

RoryMacLeod wrote:

Hi Don, thanks for the response. I should have made it clear that this data
is in a pivot table and I want to use the Custom Forumla feature to generate
the percentage field automatically.

Rory

"RoryMacLeod" wrote:

Have a PT like this:

Month Who
Jan 3.5
Feb 2.2
Mar 3.3
Total 9.0

I want to add a new custom field or whatever on the right of this that will
show each item as a percentage of the total so I see 2.2 and 25% next to it.

Thanks
Rory