Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Sumproduct help

Try something like this:

Assuming Row_1 contains headings
and the actual data is in A2:G12

This formula returns the count of cell values 0
where the corresponding Col_A value is "DOG"
in the column containing the max Row_2 value
=SUMPRODUCT((A3:A12="DOG")*(B2:G2=MAX(B2:G2))*(B3: G120))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Sandy" wrote:

Repost for clarification and hopefully a quicker answer....
Sorry for the repost I tried to calrify yesterday but probably better to
start all over

My data is in A1:G12 I need a formula that will find the max of B2:G2, then
in that column count the cells 0 where the value in ColA is DOG.

something like countif(max(b2:G2),A:A="DOG")

I believe it will take sumproduct to accomplish but I can not figure it out.

Thanks!