Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default select next empty row

If you want to avoid pasting empty rows, try the following:

Say you data is in columns A thru Z, in column AA enter
=COUNTA(A1:Z1) and copy down

Then switch on AutoFIlter and for column AA pick Custom / is greater than 0

This will hide all the empty rows.

You can copy the whole mess with just one copy/paste rather than row-by-row!!

--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200707

"Ron_C" wrote:

Im a novice and cant seem to find my answer. Sheet1 in my workbook is a data
buffer to i simply paste text, sheet 2 organizes the info into a readable
format, but only does this for the pasted data, what i want to do is hit a
button to have the data stored and go onto the next row to store the next set
of data when i hit the button(command) again

thanks in advance for your assistance