Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dalovindj dalovindj is offline

Default Auto filter Dates by Last Number

That formula did the trick (I just witched the D to a Y". Thanks.

"Max" wrote:

Not clear what your last number (1 or 6) means ..

Perhaps you could try filtering on a helper col, something along these lines:

Assuming dates in A2 down, with last number to be taken from the "day"
Place in say, C2:
=IF(OR(RIGHT(TEXT(A2,"d"))+0={1,6}),"X","")
Copy C2 down to flag out designated rows with "X"
Then just autofilter on col C, select: X
--
Max
Singapore
"dalovindj" wrote:
In Excel 2000, I'm trying to run an autofilter on a list of dates and I only
want it to return dates where the value of the last digit is a 1 or a 6. So
I select 'Custom' and 'Ends with' 1, and then check the 'or' box and selct
'ends with' 6.

This should work, but it doesn't seem to be reading dates in the way I need
it to. I tried pasting values, no luck. I tried changing the format of the
cells away from date, but then it gives me a number with a different ending
digit.

Very frustrating. Does anyone know how to teach Excel to read a date as a
number for the autoformat?