Gord Dibben

Select column A and F5SpecialBlanksOK

With the blanks selected type an = sign in activecell.

Point with cursor to cell above with 'key' and hit CTRL + ENTER.

The 'keys' will fill down.

Copy Column A and Paste Special(in place)VlauesOKEsc.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:01:03 -0800, "Feltond"
wrote:

I've imported a data file into Excel that has a unique 'key' value in column
A and a list of associated values in Column B. The number of values in
column B will vary and the 'key' value in column A only appears once per set
of associated Column B values. I need to fill in the blank cells in column A
with the 'key' value so that each row will have a values in A and B.

This is too large a file to do manually with a manual fill-down each time a
new value in column A is encountered. Any suggestions or solutions?