lob

Hey Bernie
This works great! Thanks.
I have another spreadsheet that I would like to accomplish a similar
task.
V1=SUM(V23:V200) and this is copied through to IR1.
Is there a code that could be entered to sum only the cells for each
perticular column have a "D" in cell Q for that row,
subtract (create a negative value) to all the cells for each perticular
column have a "P" in cell Q for that row,
and skip (create a neutral value) the sum on the cells for each
perticular column have a "O" in cell Q for that row.
I tried playing with the original code you sent me, but was
unsuccesfull.
Thanks very much for your help, you have opened the door for me to
learn more.
Lob