Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Count no. of nonblank cells in one column based on criteria of ano

An excellent turorial on sumproduct

"Beach Lover" wrote:

I need to count the number of nonblank cells in one column based on criteria
from cells in another column. Example: Column A contains years 2006, 2007,
2008. Column B contains rank such as Lt., Col., etc. I need to know the
total number of 2006 individuals who have the rank of Lt., the number of 2006
individuals who have the rank of Col., etc.

I can get the count of non-blank cells but cannot figure out how to have it
look at the other column for the type of count I need.