Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Add a row depending on cell value

As I read your problem, you will need to use VBA, is that acceptable? If so,
do you mean by add a row that you want to insert a row?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"excel" wrote:

It would seem I wasnt thorough enough with my question, my apologies.

What I need is this. I have 6 Rows numbered 1-6 and in the adjacent
cells (b1:b6) i enter a value. It may be a number or it may be text.
I need to add a row underneath (numbered 7,8 & 9 as required) if
anything but a numeric value is entered in b1:b6. I hope this example
will help.

A B
1 1 3
2 2 22
3 3 ab
4 4 2
5 5 65
6 6 mon
7 7 << row added awaiting data
8 8 << row added awaiting data

Sorry for not being thorough with it first time

TIA
Esra