Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default copy cell difficulties

If it just shows the formula, the chances are that the cell had previously
been formatted as text. Format the cell as general, then enter the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Melanie" wrote in message
Example ....
Sheet 1, [cell]A1 = Snoopy

I want "Snoopy" to be copied to Sheet 2, [cell]K7, so if I change "Snoopy"
(on Sheet 1, A1) to "Woodstock", it will change Sheet2,K7 as well.

If I go to Sheet 2,K7 and type "=Sheet1!A1" OR
"=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)"...sometimes it works and sometimes it
just
prints the formula in Sheet2,K7.

What am I doing wrong??? Moreover, what am I doing differenlty to make it
work sometimes and not, other times???