Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default linking a text with a date and can't remember the format

Dadgummit! I tried TEXT() early on and couldn't get it to do it. Must not
have been holding my tongue right. Thanks! So many worksheet functions, so
few little gray cells...

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Yes, you're right, Jerry. There is a better way. :-)
=A1 & TEXT(A2," m/d/yy")
--
David Biddulph

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
Well, this works for me, but seems there should be a better way...
=A1 & TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))," m/d/yy")

P.S. Happy Birthday, Sam. Welcome to the world?? Or is there not really
Sam? <g

"lauras03" wrote:

I want to link text in a1 "Sam's Birthday is" & a2 "2/17/07 to show in
a3.
When I
input in a3: =a1&a2 I get Sam's Birthday is 39130. I know this needs
something like m/d/yy with the A2 but can;t remember what format it
needs.

Thanks,
Laura