Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kamila Kamila is offline

Default challenge! javascript function into excel function

Hello,
I am sending again my question or problem to you. i am not able to do so.
please help me.
I have one columen witch contain Ids 11 sifer in excel. i have one formula
in javascript to validate id number. i have 3500 id numbers and i can not
incert every number to check it is write or wrong. is there any way to find
out or convert that javascript function into excel and get all wrong and
right ids in next columen?

Right IDs,
01014927367
01015726136

Wrong Ids
15010933773
45290122333

I got this function.

<head
<titlechecking ID number formula </title
</head

<form
<INPUT NAME="ID" SIZE=11 maxlength=11
<INPUT TYPE="button" CLASS="button" NAME="bname" VALUE="ID Number"
onClick="(ValidateID(this.form.ID.value))"<br
</form

<script type="text/jscript"

function ValidateID(ID)
{
var TmpStr
var Tmpr
var vekt1 = "376189452"
var vekt2 = "5432765432"
var tot = 0
var base = 11
var value
var vekt
var TmpStr2
var Tmpr2
var vekt2 = "5432765432"
var tot2= 0
var base = 11

// for first number
for (i=0;i<9 ;i++)
{
value = ID.substr(i,1)
vekt = vekt1.substr(i,1)
tot = tot + (parseInt(value) * parseInt(vekt))
}
i=tot/11
i=tot-(parseInt(i)*11)
i=11-i
TmpStr = ID
TmpStr = ID.substr(9,1)
Tmpr=(ID.length)

// for second number
for (y = 0; y < 10 ; y++)
{
value = ID.substr(y,1)
vekt = vekt2.substr(y,1)
tot2 = tot2 + (parseInt(value) * parseInt(vekt))
}
y=tot2/11
y=tot2-(parseInt(y)*11)
y=11-y
TmpStr2 = ID
TmpStr2 = ID.substr(10,1)
Tmpr2=(ID.length)

// integer check

if (base!=Tmpr)
{
document.write("You must enter 11 number for ID (0 - 9) ")
}
else if ( parseInt(i)==TmpStr && parseInt(y)==TmpStr2)
{
document.write(ID +" " + "is right ID")
}
else
{
document.write("Obs!! You write wrong ID number!")
}

}

</script

best regards,