Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default How do I remove 10,000+ empty rows below my table?

Hi Shelia,
You really want to use a macro (or an addin) to do this quickly,
but as far as trying to move the cursor down endless rows or
across a lot of columns you can use the name box at the far
left of the formula bar.
15000:65536 will select the rows 15000 through 65536
J:IV will select the columns J through IV

You will run across a lot of suggestions to use a provide macro
solution in these newsgroups. The programming newsgroup
is where question specific to macros (and user defined functions)
are asked and answered. For instance Chip provided a macro, if
you want to try that macro or any other macro you could install it by starting at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#havemacro

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Frustrated Excel User" wrote in message
I did try this but couldn't really select the bottom row as it seemed to be
endless, I tried a block at a time but it seemed to be hopeless. Thanks
anyway.
Sheila

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Select the rows
Then...trom the Excel main menu:
<edit<delete<entire row

Then save the workbook.
(In some versions of Excel you must Save/Close/Re-open the workbook

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Frustrated Excel User" wrote:

My table has 1000 rows but the right hand scroll bar keeps on going down
beyond 10,000 rows, can anyone tell me why or how to get rid of them? Thanks.