Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Notbefore10 Notbefore10 is offline

Default What is wrong with this formula?

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant =IF( D75=D76),"Balanced,"Error")

This really has be stumped. The format of D75 and D76 is a simple 2
decimal number. Could it be something to do with D75 and D76 each having
a formula of its own?

Thanks

"George Gee" wrote in message
Not sure, it works for me.
But as your last paragraph mentions D75 and E76,
should the formula not be:

=IF(D75=E76,"Balanced","Error")

George Gee

"Notbefore10" wrote in message
I get the opposite effect when I apply this formula...

=IF(D75=D76,"Balanced","Error")

The answer is "Error", even though the amount is exactly the same in
D75 and D76.

If I reverse it I still get the wrong answer...

=IF(D75<D76,"Error","Balanced"

The answer is "Balanced"

I must be missing some very basic syntax knowledge. The cells D75 and
E76 are definitely the same number format.

Thanks for your help.