Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Cell Entry That Locks Selected Cells From Any Data Entry.

You could use Data Validation for this.

Select cells C2 through G2 (or whichever cells you want to restrict).
From the Data Menu, select "Validation"
Change the Allow Field to "Custom"
Enter the formula =COUNTIF($B2,"A")=1
Set Input and Error messages if you wish
Click OK

That should do it.

HTH,
Elkar

"ron" wrote:

Say the list is 7 columns wide. If I put "A" in B2, I want to be able to
input data in C2 thru G2. But, if I put "B" or "P" in B2, I want cells C2, E2
and F2 to allow no data to be entered. If the B2 entry is changed to "A", all
cells C2 thru G2 become available for entry again.