Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay[_2_] Jay[_2_] is offline

Default Add up a column based on values in other columns

On Feb 15, 6:58 pm, "Fred Smith" wrote:
The function is Sumif. There's a good explanation in Help.

Fred

"Jay" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have an Excel sheet where there are three columns A, B, C and around
50 rows. I need to add up the values in column C only if the
corresponding cell value in column B is "mytext". Is there a function
in Excel which can do this?

Thanks,
Jayasimhan

Thanks guys. But my problem is a lil more complicated. I need to check
multiple columns(say A, B and D) before summing up the column C. How
can I achieve this.

thanks,
Jay