Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default Global Save As?

You could try a macro - this appears to work okay for me, but it is a good
idea to back up your files before trying anything new. You will need to
check the Microsoft Scripting Runtime library in the VBA editor under
Tools/References and change the variables for your path and prefix.

Sub Rename()
Const strPath As String = "I:\Excel\Temp" '<< CHANGE
Const strPrefix As String = "Prefix" '<<CHANGE
Dim scrFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim scrFolder As Scripting.Folder
Dim scrFile As Scripting.File

Set scrFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set scrFolder = scrFSO.GetFolder(strPath)

For Each scrFile In scrFolder.Files
scrFile.Name = strPrefix & scrFile.Name
Next scrFile

End Sub

"Jane" wrote:

We need to change the file names of 65 files by adding the same 1 word to the
beginning of each file name.

Is it possible to do a global save as so we do not have to re-name each file?

thank you in advance! jane