Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jamalin jamalin is offline

Default create a macro to search an excel spread for duplicates

THANKS!, I do have MS access but get confused as to how to create & save a
2-column query that simply retrieves the serial #s and COUNTS the serial #s.
This should be simple. Would it be too much to ask if you could call me and
walk me thru it? if so my work # is 262-636-5113.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Do you have MS Access?

Import the file into Access, then create & save a 2-column query that simply
retrieves the serial #s and COUNTS the serial #s. Call the query Freq

Now create a new query that uses both the imported table and the Freq query.
Join on serial #. Include ALL the columns from the table and the Count
column from the Freq query. Put a criteria in the Count column of 1. Run
the query

"jamalin" wrote:

I have a 55k line item spreadsheet and want to search thru it to find
duplicate seriel #'s and once found populate a new spreadsheet with only the
duplicates.