Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Retrieve filename question, again...

Check your other post, too.

"µ" wrote:

In an other topic I asked about how to retrieve the filename from an
Excelfile.
Many solutions followed.
I tested many of them at home but, when i got to work they didn't work
anymore...

When i use the function =cell("filename") and i type this into the
function wizard, it gives "volatile" as result.
When i continue and enter this in a cell, it shows.. nothing...

Does this have anything to do with the fact that the title of the
spreadsheet is generated by a database program?
We get these excel files from within a Lotus Notes environment.
Let's say i have this spreadsheet named: Calculations.xls and i open
it from within Lotus Notes, the title is changed into:
document opened as read only - calculations.xls (revision 5.0)

It seems i cannot approach this generated title with =cell("filename")

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson