Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
efandango efandango is offline

Default Can excel find a sequence of numbers from a known total?

Hello Herbert,

Thanks for your response, Chip has solved the problem for me, in so much as
I am able to hit the button an it highlights the first (and likely
signigicant) range I am looking for.

But, I am intrigued by your solution, is it similar to those kind of word
puzzle grids where you have to find the hidden words in any orientation?

kind regards

Eric

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

There are 6 ranges....Ron.
Chip highlights only one.
This array formula will show all of them:
=IF((SUM(INDEX(Bin,colm):INDEX(Bin,rowm))=68)*(row mcolm),colm&","&rowm,"")
if put in a 41x41 array.
Bin is the given set of numbers,
rowm is a vertical set of numbers from 1 to 41,
colm is a horizontal set of numbers from 1 to 41.