Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Caledonia Caledonia is offline

Default Offset referenced cell

Ohhhhh! Well that works when I take out the =, but I have over a hundred
formulas to change. I can use a helper column and edit/replace, but is there
an easier wasy to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

"Duke Carey" wrote:

For Indirect() to work you have to a have a text value that looks like a cell
address or a range address. Thus, if cell A1 contains =Sheet2!D40, you are
simply referencing that cell.

A1 *should* read: Sheet2!D40

Now you can use =Offset(Indirect(A1),-15,1)

"Caledonia" wrote:

I did -- I get #REF! I tried it with different rows -- not working! If I
put A1 in quotes, it works but it's pulling the data from Sheet!1 A1, not
from Sheet!2 D40.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
=OFFSET(INDIRECT(a1),-15,0)
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Caledonia" wrote in message
Thanks, Don

I had tried Indirect but it returns #REF.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Have a look in the help index for INDIRECT
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Caledonia" wrote in message
Sheet1 A1 shows: =Sheet2!D40

What I'm trying to do is: Offset (Sheet2!D40,-15,0)

I want to do this on Sheet 1 off of cell A1: Offset (Cell referenced
in
cell A1,-15, 0).

Is this possible?