Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
kassie kassie is offline

Default How do I force all capital in a column of lower case names?

If you do not have a blank column next to the mentioned column, then insert
one. Enter the formula in a cell adjacent to the cell you want to change,
and copy down. Then copy this column, go to the original column, select a
cel, right click and click on Paste Special, tick values. Delete the helper
column.

Iow, with you lower case data in Column E, click on Column F, if not empty,
and insert a column. F is then an empty column. Say your data starts in E2,
then in F2 enter =UPPER(E2). Move cursor to the bottom right hand corner of
the cell. When it changes, double click.
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman

"Dean-Xceldata" wrote:

I read the help, but it doesn't tell me where to enter the formula.