Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Auto calculate formulas when new data is entered

Post the formulas you have in B1:D1

There may be an easy way to change them to add the "" if Ax is blank.

Gord

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:04:03 -0800, Cam1234
wrote:

I already have 50+ entries in the data. Is there another way besides using a
function to tell excel, "when data is entered in cell 'A50', automatically do
to B:D50 what you did to B:D49?" I already have an IF function in all of
these cells, with other formulas nested within it. I would rather not have
to nest all of these functions I have already into another IF function. I
realize this is possible, but I'm just being lazy, as it would mean I would
have to change a bunch of stuff, cause I'm using this template for a bunch of
other data too!

Thanks for the quick replies!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In B1 enter =IF(A1="","",yourformula)

Same for C1 and D1

Select B1:D1 and drag/copy down as far as you wish.

If column A cell is empty, B1:C1 will look blank.

As column A gets data, these formulas will show theit results.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:58:20 -0800, Cam1234
wrote:

I have created a data set that is updated every month with new prices. The
prices are entered into a cell, say A1, then the next 3 cells (B1:D1) to the
right use different formulas with that data to give me information I need. I
was wondering if there was a way, so that when I enter new data in A2 for the
next month, the 3 cells to the right of A2 will automatically apply the
formulas from B1:D1 (into B2:D2). Under ToolsOptionsEdit the 'Enable
AutoComplete for Cell Values' and 'Extend Data Rage Formulas and Format' are
checked off. Also, under the ToolsOptionsCalculations tab the 'Automatic'
is also checked off.

Any help on this would be great appreciated, as I am great confused!

Thanks!