Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default lookup

F1 has the name, F2 has the classification (Premium etc). The
following *array* formula will do:

=INDEX(C2:C100,MATCH(F1&F2,A2:A100&B2:B100,0))

Since it is an array formula, you must commit it with key combo Ctrl
+Shift+Enter

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Feb 14, 5:57 pm, Jordan wrote:
Is there a way to lookup information in a table using both colm A and B as
the lookup value?

For example I have a list of names in Colm A and in Colm B I have one of the
four (1) Premium (2) Comm (3) Paid (4) Profit. The four things in colm B are
listed over and over again for each name in colm. Colm's C - ?? are months
Jan - Dec.

I need to be able to write a formula that will find Cindy in colm A and
Premium in colm B and then return the x colm #. Just like vlookup only with
two lookup values.

Hope this makes sense. Any help will be greatly appreciated.