Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Hint to posters

Dave F has written (on several occasions) "Specific, detailed questions are
more likely to be answered than questions that provide no detail about your
problem." I would like to add another hint.

It is sometimes best NOT to ask a closed question like "How do I use this
function?" This is like standing in the middle of a town and asking "Where
do I get the number 42 bus?" By doing so you've assumed that the number 42
bus is the only service between the two points. Asking an open question
like "How do I get the computer to do this?" lets others advise on other
(possibly better) routes to your destination.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions