Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Kurtosis function

What do you mean by "the error values"? What formula are you using? If you
are merely changing the standard deviation of the distribution, this won't
necessarily change the Kurtosis.
--
David Biddulph

"Will" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to use the Kurtosis functions to examine the distribution
of a set of errors (forecast - actual). I am comparing the K values to
a histogram of the data.

To test I have deliberately peaked and flattened the distribution by
reducing the error values by 10%, 50% and 90% and increasing the error
values by 200%. The resulting histograms show the changes in
distribution for each adjusted set as you would expect but I am seeing
no change in the corresponding kurtosis values.

Anyone any ideas why this might be?