Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Hiding row base on cell content

How about another alternative.

Instead of basing the rules on the shade of the background, use a helper column
and put some sort of indicator in it.

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to your range--including that column and
filter to show/hide the values you want shown/hidden.

You may find that using the indicator column is more work, but that you can do
more things with it later--without using macros.

"brownti via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I did a search and came up with some things, but nothing quite like i want.
I want to have a macro linked to a button that when clicked will hide all
rows that have a gray background in column A of that row. And then i will
have another button that will unhide all those rows. Thanks,

Dave Peterson