Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default TO FIND VALUE TO THE LEFT THE CELL USING VLOOKUP OR ANY OTHER

Not sure I've understood your question but the formula below returns the
value from column A from a match to the value in C1 found in column B

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(C1,B:B,0))

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
I have say about 12 columns and the col-A is in ascending order.
Using vlookup no problems to find out other values with ref to col-A
values.

What I require is to check from col-B which is in desending order and
get value in the left of col-b that is col-A.. I

Match and Index does not come handy bcos the numbers in col-B does not
decrease proportionately so that I can a reference by row number. I
have been managing by putting extra colum with the contents of the col-
B sorted out in asending order and reverse the col-A in to another
column say 13th column or so. Any better way addressing this pls adv.