Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mjwedeking mjwedeking is offline

Default How to plot hourly data

I guess that works. Not as nice as creating a normal time-scale plot. I guess
Excel does not expect people to be plotting 5 sec data.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

If you need a column chart, go to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on
the Axes tab, and check the Category box under Category (X) Axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"mjwedeking" wrote in message
A lot of times I plot hourly or even 15 minute data. Unless if I am doing a
simple line graph (which can be done with an XY plot) Excel will only plot
the data as daily data. The only way to get around it is to change the X
value data (date/time stamp) to regular text data. I want to be able to
plot
the flow on a line graph and the rain on the same graph (second y-axis) as
bar graph.

Sample Data:
A B C
Date Time Flow(mgd) Rain(in)