Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fishman4 Fishman4 is offline

Default Conditional Formatting of Merged Cells

OK. The cells are not merged. The data was entered by using ALT+ENTER.
--
Fishman4

"Fishman4" wrote:

I have read this entire (well almost) forum and have found many near hits,
but nothing is working quite right. I get a report from an outside source
that I must format and distribute. The report is generated using SQL 2003
Reporting Services and it comes in EXCEL but it is formatted 40 ways from
Sunday i.e.;merged cells borders, etc. Here is my dilema: I have rows
containing data in this format

L M N O
3/30 4/16 6/22 7/3
10 3/22 4/12 6/18 7/1
8 4 4 2

This is repeated for many rows (it varies each time the report is run) over
a fixed number of columns. I need it to look like this:

L M N O
11 3/30 4/16 6/22 7/3
12 3/22 4/12 6/18 7/1
13 8 4 4 2

Another twist. I need to run conditional formatting that will color a
particular cell based on its value. I have the formatting worked out, but
only after the data is displayed in separate rows. I hope that this makes
sense. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Don F.

P.S. If it is possible to apply the formatting to the merged cell without
splitting it, that would be grand!

--
Fishman4