Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair Bruce Sinclair is offline

Default creating a "constant" number to be used in formulas

In article , SteveW wrote:
Well one way is to actually do that create a constant

Insert - Name - Define..
Put a name at the top ie "HourlyRate"
at the bottom put =3D25

Click on Add

An easier way to create the name is to click on the cell, then just type the
name into the 'name box' (which usually shows the current cell). Best to use
capital and small letters (I can't remember why but I think it has to do
with name checking :) )and use _ instead of spaces. Use as before or just
use the cell. IIRC, it will cleverly update the reference to the name :)

Use in any cell or formula by name
ie =3DHourlyRate
=3DHourlyRate * A5

etc

Steve

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:58:01 -0000, tkg =
=

wrote:

i want to calculate a series of formulas in rows where all are based o=

ff =

standard number (ie: $25/hr times the various hours worked each day). =

at =

the
moment i have a column with $25 pasted a million times to get a total =

=

sum in
the next column, there has got to be a more efficient way than this to=

accomplish?

thanks!