Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChuckW ChuckW is offline

Default Moving a macro to other PCs

Dave,

I checked the macro on the PC at it is called Personal.xls!Macro1. I think
it is stored in the Personal Macro Workbook. There are three other PCs on
the same domain that I want to have this run on. It would be possible to
move this to a common folder on the network if this is possble. Otherwise it
would be great if I could just copy this macro and move it to the local
drives of the other PCs.

Thanks,
--
Chuck W

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't know if I can.

Macros can be created in any workbook. You may have recorded a macro and put it
in your personal.xls file. You could have recorded the macro in the workbook
that was active.

Can you share how you run it?

While you're looking at this, try to find clues that show where that macro
lives.

ChuckW wrote:

Dave,

I am a novice excel user. Can you give me more information on how to do
this? How do I find where the workbook that my macro is in is stored?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Macros live in workbooks.

So all you have to do is share the workbook with the other pc.

ChuckW wrote:

Hi,

I created a complex macro on a PC several months ago and am not sure exactly
what I did. I now need to move it to another PC. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,

--
Chuck W

--