RagDyeR

To create an automatic random order generator, where sorting is unnecessary,
and where a new random order is displayed with every hit of the <F9 key,
try this:

With data in Column A, in Column B, or *any* out of the way column,
Enter this formula:
=RAND()
And copy down as many rows as there are rows of data in Column A.

Then, enter this formula where you wish to start the display of your random
selections:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$20))

And drag down to copy as many rows as the number of random choices that you
wish to display.
--

HTH,

RD

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into
new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random number generator to
randomly select the records and then copy/paste the data out out, row by
row,
fifty times, which is time-consuming. Is there a way to randomize my entire
data table by row so that I can take the first fifty rows all at once and
know that they've been randomly selected? Thanks. Jeremy