Gordon

Jeremy wrote:
I want to choose 50 random rows from 10,000 lines of data and paste it into a
new sheet. The only way I know is to use a random number generator to
randomly select the records and then copy/paste the data out out, row by row,
fifty times, which is time-consuming. Is there a way to randomize my entire
data table by row so that I can take the first fifty rows all at once and
know that they've been randomly selected? Thanks. Jeremy

Add a new column - random generate a number in every one of the 10,000
cells in that column, sort your data on that column and take the top 50
rows.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk