Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] chetan.modha@gmail.com is offline

Default Converting total minutes into hours and minutes in Excel

On 22 Dec 2006, 11:43, "David Biddulph"
wrote:
No, Martin. Excel'stimes are in days, nothours. Colette will need to
divide by 24, as well as by 60. Your formula will give 2:48 (having lost
the odd 2 days), rather than 2:07.
--
David Biddulph

"Martin Fishlock" wrote in message

If thehourswill be less than 24 then use 127/60 and format the cell as
time
using 24 hour clock.

Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand
"Colette" wrote:

I have a project which only gives meminutes. I need to convert the
total
minutestohoursandminutes. Example: 127 is the number (total
minutes).
I need it to read it took 2hoursand 7minutesto complete. Needs to
look
like this 2:07- Hide quoted text -

Genius! i found that very useful too!

Cheers